Skip to main content

Teen camp and wet paint and renting out our house

I didn't sleep well last night because I started to think about renting out our house. The worlds economy is looking pretty bad right now. Juergen read an article in a German paper that said people should only buy a house if they are going to live there (in other words no investment property). I am beginning to see houses dumped on the market at really low prices. I think it's smarter to just hold the house for a few years. Lets see this storm pass by...lets not panic sell! So if we don't see a buyer, we are going to start to look for a renter. A long term renter. I may post something at church tomorrow. I think that's the wise thing to do right now. We won't be making any money, just not losing too much (we hope). But we will need to redo the hardwood floors in the living room, paint, put in new flooring in the bedrooms, and do some yard work. I wish it were not the case...but it's such a bad economy right now. we think we will rent our house out for 5 years.

I worked on painting our new house. Philip and I painted almost all of the entrance hall today. It's a real pale terracotta. I love it! Juergen is finishing up the top of the walls and painting the bottom of the stairs. I met one of the neighbors. She is a major plant lover. Her garden is lovely! I think we will be friends!

Juergen picked Thomas up from camp. Nicole stayed behind (I'm sad I didn't see her). She is helping them prep for the kids camp. That begins tomorrow. I want to ask Thomas how it went, but I don't want Philip to hear. But I have a few photos from Nicole's camera. I'll have to talk to Thomas after Philip is gone (keep the surprise). I think I'll also be the one taking Philip to camp. I have to get a hug from Nicole. I miss her so much!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Seems like a good plan.
We are considering renting out the back part of our house after the house is painted to help finance future house projects. Like building a kitchenette in the great hall and a deck in the back yard.

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.