Skip to main content

update

I took 2 trips to pick up over 43 m² ( or 462 feet ) of Jadestone tile. That was back breaking! It's beautiful and cost tons! But I hope it's worth the effort! Sarah was very well spoiled! She came home a very happy and relaxed kid! Juergen and Philip are still hammering away at the basement wall. They finished the giant hole for Thomas' window, and they should take another day for Philip's window. It's so crazy! These 2 holes have taken over 2 weeks to make. But I'm sure Juergen has saved us over 6000 Euros by doing this work himself! The boys will have big beautiful windows in their rooms. That will make a big difference in how they feel. Nicole and Thomas are almost done with the painting of Nicole's bedroom. I'm home packing! I plan to take one more trip to the building supply store to buy tile for our kitchen backsplash. Maybe I'll get photos for you. The progress is impressive! I feel like the A team..."I love it when a plan comes together"!!!

Oh, and one more cool thing. Juergen found us a sod cutter. This is a machine that cuts grass into rolls. So we hope to rent the sod cutter to prepare our flower beds. I think we will have to move the plants after the move. I'm not sure we have the time to finish both the boys bedrooms before we move. We will focus on Thomas' room, and finish what we can of Philip's room as soon as we can (that maybe after the move). It just may not be possible to finish both rooms in time. But Juergen has all of next week off. We haven't sold or rented our house, so I guess we can take all of September to move the plants. Nicole doesn’t start school until October. I don’t want to move the plants until I’ve prepared the flower beds properly. I want my plants to survive the move! It will probably take me a week to prepare the flower beds. I am trying to put them in beds that will be low maintenance. I love flowers but I don’t have the time to weed large garden beds! It’s going to save me lots of time if I take the time to prepare the flower beds first! My parents will be happy to know I will get rid of the grass first!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.