Skip to main content

I can not sleep

It's so late. I guess I'm worried about tile! Such a silly thing to worry about! It felt good to have tile order...that decision made. But now the tile order is canceled, and we need something on Monday. Most places don't keep a large stock, you need 10 days to order things. So we hope we can just walk into a store and buy what we want tomorrow. I looked at 4 stores today, and I didn't like anything. The only thing Juergen and I can agree on is travertine, and it cost allot! But we found cork on sale for 1/3 the normal price. So I can put cork in Jessica’s TV room, our office and Philip and Thomas' rooms. The savings makes up for the expensive travertine tile. So perhaps that's what we will do...unless we can find another thing that we both agree upon? We move in a week from Monday. We have so much to finish, and so little time. I need sleep!

They prepared the foundation for the upstairs tile floor. They also sanded the hardwood floor in my bedroom. Juergen kept working on the windows in the boy’s rooms. I bought 2 mattresses for Jessica’s big bed. We showed our house 2 times (not 3). I got up very early to clean. I bought a garden book. I look forward to getting past the move! It’s fun and creative to renovate…but enough is enough!

Comments

Anonymous said…
renovation is hard, and we are in the middle of it too. Hang in there I keep telling myself, I really don't have any other options. We will get through it.

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.