Skip to main content

Day 5

I only really got to touch up some paint in the living room. Jessica wouldn't stay at the house. I bought large rolls of paper to protect our floors. Juergen used the spray gun to paint the ceilings in the upstairs and living room. He finally got the hang of it, and now likes it. I bought a small rototiller to till the garden. I hope to make very large flower boarders in the front of the house. I'd like to start moving my plants soon. We pick Thomas and Nicole up from camp tomorrow. We take Philip and Nicole back to camp on Sunday. I'm not sure we will have much time to work at the house this weekend. I have mixed feelings. I love the house, we are making progress, but I'm frustrated about my personal ability to get things done. I feel like I have my hands tied, Jessica is not really helping! Juergen says he will take care of Jessica this weekend so I can try to work on the house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.