Skip to main content

it's late

Well, it was very hot and pretty hard, and we are not finished. it had to be the hottest day of the year. Also, it's summer vacation and in the middle of the week so we didn't get much help. I do praise God for the friends that did help us. I'm very grateful!!!! I feel very sorry we didn't get much help because they all had to work over time. And we thought we were done packing, but we weren't. Jessica was over the top Autistic. She did not want to leave the car. But you can not leave anyone in a car on a day like today. It was extremely frustrating. That's an understatement. The movers we hired where awesome!!! They worked very hard and did an excellent job. We are working late trying to get all the rest ready for them to move. But we won't get it all finished. There will still be a few things we will need to return for. All the garden stuff for example. The renovation took too much of our time. We just were over our heads in work. And we will be over our heads for a while longer. We have so much to put away...and so much to clean. But the house is amazing! We aren't done with the boys rooms...but we will get to that too. It all seems so messy, kind of like birth.

We will not have a new phone until Sept 1st. I'll send the new number out to my friends and family. I can still get e-mail. I will also call my parents God willing tomorrow night. We have a phone at this house, but I'm going to be mostly at the other house. I wish we where better at this whole moving thing. We are pretty unorganized I'm afraid. But it isn't so easy to move such a big ship! Maybe we really do it all well? It's just such a difficult task? I don't know. What I know is we have gotten through this day. And I guess that is the worst of it. So goodnight. Please keep praying for us. We need the help! I'll try to keep posting. I've got to keep returning to our house in Leimen to clean and move plants.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.