Skip to main content

Day 4 of renovation

I was home with Philip, Sarah, and Jessica until about 12:30. Juergen had to be at the house early to let the heater guys in. They are moving water pipes in Thomas' room, and putting in heating in their rooms. The contractor also looked at the balcony's again. We need to have them repaired. And the new windows for the covered porch were ordered. I came with the kids, and we began painting the living room. Jessica only wanted to stay one hour. I had to drive her for awhile. Then I could return and work for 2 more hours.
Really, it's not so easy to renovate with the kids! They are getting tired. We need to keep going. I wish I had someone to just watch Jessica and Sarah. But I guess the destination(renovation) is not the goal...it's the journey. And on this journey I can try to rush, or I can teach my kids how to work. Philip did a pretty good job painting today! Sarah did Ok too. It's a slow process! And it's also frustrating. The paint doesn't cover the owners loud colors in one coat. Everything has to be painted 2 or even 3 times. The bank papers arrived today. We should own the house in one week. Juergen is thinking about taking 4 weeks off. I don't really see how we can manage it if he doesn't take the time off. But we love our house! I hate the stucco they put on the walls...it's really awful stuff! But I still feel very happy when I can sit out side and look over that amazing garden! I have zero idea how we can sell our house in Leimen , or rent our house? I promised myself not to worry about that. I’m being good at just letting that go! Juergen is doing so much of the work himself, to save money. We both love the house! It makes us very happy to be there!

BTW, if you want to stop by and help us paint here is our house on google. We should be there Friday afternoon. We will grill you dinner! And we will be there (God willing ) on the weekend and for the next 2 weeks.


View Larger Map

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.