Skip to main content

Finding the floor again

Boxes take up most of the floor space in our house. It's been really hard to walk. But I keep putting stuff away. Little by little I am seeing the floors again. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I may have a kitchen by the end of the day. A huge number of the boxes belong to the kitchen. I put away the sheets and blankets. That gave me space in the upstairs hall. I put away 2 boxes of DVD's and videos. Now I can see more of my office. It's sort of like a giant puzzle. You have to put together cabinets, then you can fill them. That gives you the space to put together shelves...and then clear more boxes. The garage is set up, but the concrete floor has to be painted. Once that's finished I can set up the shelves and put the garden stuff away. I have boxes of bathroom stuff stacked up. I'm waiting for Juergen to pick up the wardrobe I bought on eBay. He will build shelving into that wardrobe then I can put the bath stuff away. I could have kept Juergen very busy this week. Too bad he had to go to work. But the handyman that's setting up the kitchen seems to be doing a good job. We hope he can put in the remaining floors in our office, Jessica's TV room, and Philip's room. We also need doors for the boy's rooms. That will require some brick work. Then there are a few things to be done at the old house. I hope he has the time for us. I will be so glad to see an end to this mess. Yes, I know we have only moved a week ago. It seems longer. I'm sure having a kitchen will make a very big difference!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.