Skip to main content
I just dropped Philip off at summer camp. He was pretty down because his best friend had to cancel. Philip didn’t know anyone in his group. Nicole is working at the camp. She said there is a large waiting list. They were so glad to give the place to a child whose dad got sent to prison. I’m always being reminded that God knows what he is doing. I’m sure Philip will manage to make friends. But God knew this other child needed the place!

It was so nice to see Nicole. I missed her so much! She had a hard but good week as a councilor. She will be a springer this week. She just basically does stuff that needs to be done, but doesn't need to lead. We got to go out to lunch together. We eat at a real German guest house/beer garden. It was in a small town in the middle of no place. I'm so glad we got the time to catch up.

Sarah was in awful pain last night. Juergen had to take her to the hospital. She has a kidney infection. I'm not really sure what caused it. She hasn't been drinking enough I guess. So they gave her antibiotics. They got home about 3:30am. We missed church today. Just too tired. But she should be OK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.