Skip to main content

the progress is slow

The owners of the house used such strong colors on the walls, everything has to be painted 3 times. We are almost done with Sarah's room, and my room. The hallways will kill us! That awful lime yellow! To each his own! But I love the color in my bedroom. It's a very pale and warm tan. It is almost a yellow. It is like a sunrise. It's really beautiful! I was pretty stressed today. It's hot, and it's getting nearly impossible to move Jessica out of the car! She does not want to move! I am sad, but I think Juergen and I have to take turns at the house. Jessica can not sit in a hot car. I was looking forward to spending long hours painting with Juergen. Now he is working outside, breaking holes in the basement walls for new windows. I am painting (and I'm not very good at it). And mostly I'm just chasing Jessica. Tomorrow I'm going to pack in the morning. juergen will work at the house. I go to the house in the afternoon, and Juergen will be home with Jessica. You have to do what you have to do! I bought a lawnmower today. Juergen has to put it together. Maybe I can mow the lawn tomorrow. Our friends are doing so much work! Thank God for their amazing help. And I am really liking our house more and more. It is a very beautiful house! I will try to take some photos tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.