Skip to main content

Going slow today, but not really

I'm resting this morning. I drank a coffee and watched Derek Prince preach. Juergen and Nicole are helping to teach the kids service today. I made one big pot of grape juice, and I'll make one more. That isn't really hard. I enjoy it. And I'll cook some easy Mexican food. It will most likely be the last thing I cook in this house. I've already packed the dishes. We need to use paper plates. I finished packing my books today. I have about 12 boxes of books. Juergen has another 6 boxes. We will have a real library in our house. We have decided not to share our office with Nicole. Instead we will put a sofa sleeper in the library. Juergen will finally have a home for his guitars. Only the VIP guests like my parents will get Nicole's bedroom. Everyone else gets the sleeper sofa. Of course all of are guests are important. But my dad can know long climb up stairs. A good friend of mine said people probably wouldn't want to stay with us if they knew we where kicking Nicole out of her room. So perhaps we will get more visitors if they know they are not kicking anyone out of their room? Anyway, it will be a very cool guestroom, office, library and music room. We hung up the giant dandelion wallpaper. It is a very fun space! I think we will try to finish the wallpaper in Philip and Thomas’ bedrooms. I may also do some cleaning. I don’t generally like to work on Sunday, but we have a deadline. But hanging wallpaper isn’t work, it’s creative and fun. Even cleaning is fun because it’s cleaning our new house. I’m sure that feeling will not last! If I tried to pack the last storage room today…that would be work! I’ll save that work for tomorrow! I feel the wind at my back…we are sailing into the final week. This is moving week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.