Skip to main content

week 2 day 2

Today it was all about painting and packing. I packed 12 boxes of dishes and other stuff. Thomas packed cloths. Then we painted. Juergen and Sarah finished the kitchen. It is a really pretty green. We also began to paint the office. Juergen touched up the hallway upstairs. Thursday the guy comes to finish the hardwood floors upstairs. We need the paint finished in our bedroom, office and Jessica's room tomorrow. Then Friday the tile guy comes to lay down tile upstairs hallway. we ordered the tile, but I'm not sure it will be there in time. But it's getting very exciting. I see everything start to come together. It looks really good! I am so tired, I just about fall asleep when I sit down. We have to work very hard to finish it all before the move. We may have a few people looking at our house for sale. One person looks Friday morning. I hope we can just sell it. I want to be free from the responsibility! Our bank is still processing things with the new house. God willing we will own it in the next 2 days.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Are you taking pictures of both places and all the chaos? You might want to look back on it to remember.

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.