Skip to main content

So the time has come

I was over my head in boxes today. so many boxes I can not breath. It was also the hottest day of the year. I was sweating so much the salt hurt my eyes. And you take a shower, and feel just the same when you get out. I also made and bottled the last of our grapes. I made 16 beautiful bottles of juice. I hope to use the juice at our house warming party in October. Juergen and a friend took apart cabinets. Our house is a mess! The movers come at 7am tomorrow. Juergen will be here. I'll take the kids to the new house. Nicole, Jessica and I took breakable stuff like my china dishes to the house this afternoon. I actually used the colors in my china as inspiration for all the paint in the house. Juergen gave me those dishes about 8 years ago (our first Christmas in Leimen). I've always loved those Mediterranean colors of blue, terracotta, green and yellow. Now those colors are on the wall of a real villa. How cool is that?
Nicole, Jessica and I also went to IKEA to buy some of the furniture I want for Philip and Thomas' rooms. They needed shorter cabinets because the basement walls are short. The boys can maybe build a cabinet or 2 tomorrow. Their rooms aren't finished yet. But they need something to do tomorrow. I will be too busy to keep them busy. I hope I can sleep. These photo's are from yesterday.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.