Skip to main content

Extra sleep and the work goes on

We returned to the house last night. Juergen and I went to the building supply store and bought flooring for Thomas and Nicole’s rooms. It was very heavy and the boys unloaded it for us. Juergen and Nicole finished painting all but one wall of Nicole’s bedroom. The boys practiced break dancing in the yard. Sarah is at a friends house. I'm sure she is having fun. She has worked very hard and needed a break. I managed to make 10 large jars of grape juice last night. I'll make more today (God willing).
Today Juergen try’s to finish breaking open the holes in the basement walls for the boys new windows. The upstairs floor gets grout. It looks amazing! The living room and kitchen wall gets finished. They start on the windows upstairs. Windows are suppose to be put in tomorrow (upstairs and in the basement). They want to begin the ground floor tile tomorrow too. So I guess we can not work in the house tomorrow? Maybe we can put up wallpaper early? I need to make 2 trips to pick up the tile today. I may also get the boys started on removing grass in the front yard. I need to make planting beds for my flowers. I'll also be packing, picking grapes and making juice. Our moving date got moved by one day. So we move next Tuesday and Wednesday. That gives us an extra day to finish the boys bedrooms. And we can not begin to work there until after the windows are put in. The extra sleep helped me. I’m ready to go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.