Skip to main content

more from today

We got our new garage built today. It went up in only a few hours. The foundation was poured last week. I’ll use this garage for all my garden tools. The lawnmower, wheel barrow, pots and dirt. It will be my own personal workshop. They still need to go to Leimen to pickup the door my brother Rick painted. They will charge us 200€ to switch doors, but there was no question we want the painting! I also plan to build a covered pergola off the garage. I want the kids to store their bikes under the pergola. We may get a woodstove someday. A stack of wood can also be stored there. And of course I want grapes and roses and even kiwi (just like in Leimen).
I took the kids to see Rio in 3D. They have a special summer program at the theater for kids. They show “older” films at a lower price. So I dropped Philip, Sarah and Thomas off to see Rio. Then Jessica and I went to IKEA to buy storage boxes for Thomas’ Lego. I bought Jessica a snack. Then we picked up the kids. We went to Leimen to take out the trash. I also checked the basement. It seems like it is dryer, not worse! The people can not come until Thursday to deal with the cleanup. But at least it’s not worse. Juergen is picking up the new counter tops for the kitchen. The kitchen will be installed (God willing) tomorrow! There are also people coming tonight to even out Philips floor. Perhaps Juergen can even lay down Philip’s floor tomorrow after work? Juergen seems very anxious to get the house finished. He doesn’t look tired at all…just driven. I think it will be pretty livable in a week! I will be glad to have some order back.

Comments

Rick Moreno said…
How humbled I feel that you are saving the painting.

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.