Skip to main content

A little help from my friend

We have 3 different families looking at our house for sale tomorrow morning. I stayed home from the work site to clean. A very good friend came over to help. I could not thank her enough! So I'm pretty tired. I keep asking the same questions. Juergen tells me the schedule at the work site, and a few minutes later I ask him again. I just am tired! Today Juergen is painting Jessica's bedroom. The wall between the kitchen and living room is being built, and the floor in Thomas' bedroom is being leveled out. Hopefully the tile will be installed tomorrow in the upstairs hall. We ordered a Terracotta tile, but didn't like it when it came. So I went to another store today and bought something for the hallway. I'm hoping I can get Juergen to give me the handmade French terracotta for the main hall on the ground floor. He doesn't like it, but I love it. It is classic! Nicole agrees with me. She comes home from camp in 2 days. Perhaps she can help me convince Juergen to buy the handmade terracotta? Either way, we need to buy something for that floor. We canceled the order we had.

Today Nicole is 18 years old. I miss her! She is at camp. I'm sure she had a great time doing what she loves. I gave her a card on Sunday to open today. I have gifts for her when she gets home. It's hard to believe she is all grown up. I try very hard not to think about it. I'm just grateful she is such a great person. I am extreamly blessed to have such a gift of a daughter! I'm also very glad she will live with us at least a little while. I know it won't be long until she moves out on her own...but I'm gratful for now.

Comments

Rick Moreno said…
Yes you are a great blessing Nicole. I wish you a wonderful day. Happy Birthday,
Love you much- Uncle Rick :)
Anonymous said…
To a wonderful young woman, Happy birthday Nicole, Love, Uncle Eric and Aunt Shelley
Happy birthday Nickers. Grandpa and I are so very pleased with how you are developing into a wonderful godly woman. We are tardy in getting cards out this summer, but one will get there soon. Have a great birthday. Grandpa and Grandma M

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.