Monday, March 07, 2011

in a tree

I got a knock on my door. It was 3 of Philip's friends. They said I had to come quickly, Philip was being beaten up. I put my shoes on, told Sarah I would be right back and raced out the door. I found Philip in a tree. 3 Russian teenagers were threatening him. He was walking through their housing complex. He told me he was trying to take a short cut to the playground. The boys chased him up a tree and throw rocks at him. They said they would beat him with sticks. He came out of the tree. I said I would call the police if they didn't leave us alone. We came home, and I was pretty upset. I've never once had trouble with the Russian kids before. We have lived here almost 8 years. But they are gang like about their turf. Philip shouldn't have been there! I made it clear to him never to go there again. He seems fine. It's been 3 hours and I'm still shaking!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

My goodness that was scary. I would have called the police anyway so they could talk to the Russian boys.

RamblingMother said...

I hope Phillip knows it wasn't his fault. Those boys were in the wrong. I would have called the police too. So sorry this happened to you all.