Skip to main content

Tile

Juergen and I found a plain Terracotta we both liked at Hornback. It is a finished ceramic tile in Terracotta color. The real stuff (real terracotta) cost much more, and needs to be ruffed up/distressed, sealed, stained, and waxed. We think we can always pull the tile up and refinish the marble. But this tile cost only 12.50Euro per SM, while finishing marble cost 40€ per SM and is much harder to maintain. At this point we are concerned about money, and over all maintenance. I think it will look nice but not "too" nice. I don't want people to feel uneasy because it's too fine. We live there, and we are not "fine" designer types! So we can order the tile 10 days before we need it. We plan to have it put down the 3rd week of August. I found a wardrobe on EBay I want to buy. It is a good size for the hall. It sells on Monday, so I hope I can win the bid. I am also bidding on an 1930 Art Deco bedroom set for Nicole's 18Th birthday. Nicole picked it out, and loves it. That sells tomorrow afternoon. I can not forget to bid at the last moment! I won't bid now, or I will push the price way up! I'll post pictures if I win the bids. I found a table and chairs at a 2nd hand store, but Juergen didn't like them. So I'm being very good...not buying anything big without asking him first. But we want a sofa sleeper for Sarah's room, a bigger table for the kitchen, and over stuffed chairs for Jessica's tv room.



We have 2 families coming to look at our house in Leimen Sunday afternoon. It would be awsome if we could sell it! I'm going to clean very good today. Monday I am going to start packing (God willing).

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know the hornbach well, we visited it almost everyday the last time I helped you move.

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.