Skip to main content

Another day to hope

Juergen took the kids to church today. In fact he taught Philip's class. As most of our friends know, we take turns staying home with our autistic daughter Jessica. Someone asked me last week if that bothered me. It has bothered me in the past. I sure love being in church with my husband. But something’s you just accept. I like being home with Jessica. I listen to the best teaching on God TV. Today I heard Joseph Prince teach on being a prisoner of hope. I am trying very hard to hope in God and not be so concerned about the circumstances. I recall a story in the Bible (I forget where...I think in Kings). There was an awful famine in the land. The people were desperately hungry. They even eat their own children. And Israel was being attacked. God said through a prophet that there would be plenty of food the next day, but the person who was doubting God would see it and not taste it. Sure enough Israel was delivered. The people had food. And the one who doubted God was trampled to death as the people rushed to collect the food. Not pretty! But the idea that things can change fast is very very encouraging! The housing market doesn't look great, but that can change over night. I hear in Stuttgart people are worried about the Euro, and are buying houses. That doesn't seem to be happening here...but we only need one buyer. Today 2 families will look at our house. But I'm not hoping in them. My hope has to remain in God. He is bigger then the housing market! If we sell our house today that would be wonderful! but my hope in the God that knows all that we need, when we need it. He knows who should live here. Who would be a blessing to the neighbors. I’m trying to be a prisoner of hope, not a prisoner of circumstances!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.