Wednesday, July 06, 2011

a harvest

"So I gave you a land on which you did not toil and cities you did not build; and you live in them and eat from vineyards and olive groves that you did not plant." Joshua 24:13



I was thinking of this verse when I dug some potato's from my compost pile. The plants grew from the potato peels I put in the pile. So cool! Nicole sprayed the grapes for mold. You spray them twice to keep the fruit from going bad. We had beautiful grapes last summer, but by the fall (because of all the rain) the fruit rotted on the vines. I don't like to spray anything...unless I have to. We need to wait 28 days after the spray time,and then we can eat the grapes. Really, a harvest depends on many things we do not control. It is grace!

Juergen had lunch with one of the persons that looked at our house this weekend. Unfortunately they don't want to buy it. They like it allot, but really can not afford it. So they will stay in their apartment. Sad! But we have no control over this too. I have gotten a few more inquiry's. We will continue to place our hope in God. Housing markets change, God doesn't!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

That is cool potatoes from potato peels