Monday, January 30, 2012

I spilled my coffee

It's Monday, and I spilled my coffee. After a very hard week, I'm hoping this isn't a sign of another bad week ahead. Some days You just want to go back to bed and forget the whole thing. It's cold out side. They say it's going to get very very cold this week. And I hate that! But it's only a few weeks until spring. So instead of hiding away, I need to move forward with the work I have. I cleaned the kitchen, did some laundry and began thinking about the book of James. I will be teaching an English Bible study starting Feb 10th. I'm also starting to organize the Alpha Course in English. That begins March 14th. Juergen shows the house again this after noon. I personally have given up hope that we will sell the house. I have accepted the idea of renting it out. Juergen posted an ad at SAP to rent the house out March 1st. In the mean time, we have hand workers coming to fix things. Someone will paint the stairwell. The heater guy will check the heating system...making sure it's working well. I hope that Juergen finds a buyer. He had hoped we could sell. I don't have faith anymore...but I hope God will bless Juergen's faith. Either way, we want to put the house thing behind us. It has been such a drain on our finances and our time. I'm glad we moved, but sorry that the sale/ or rent of the house in Leimen has not gone so well. But I accept that life is not always easy. Perseverance is good for us. But it is not fun! But here we are. A great part of me wishes we had the wisdom to rent the house earlier (like last September). We have lost so much money waiting and waiting. But we are not all wise and all knowing. We tried to sell. This is our desire. But we do not control the market, and our best wisdom is basically worthless. That’s pretty humbling. I guess I could just sit here and kick myself, or kick Juergen. But what is lost is lost. The question is what now. We will be very glad to sell the house. But we are now looking for a renter. If we find a buyer first, we will sell the house. If we find a renter first, we will rent. I’m guessing that God has a will in this, and I pray He will make that will known. I’m very convinced God has been part of this process. We have prayed. If God wanted us to have a renter or buyer last fall we would have had one. The money, or the loss of money is not so important. What’s important is who we are hoping in. It’s not money, or our own great wisdom…it’s God. And it’s also important that we work together…not fight each other. So far we are still walking hand in hand. Our unity is more important then who is right or wrong. I was willing to rent last fall. Juergen wasn’t. But that only means he has more faith then I do. So at this point I hope God blesses him for waiting. But even if we rent, I bless him for his faith. He had faith to believe for the “best”. And I believe God will honor him either way! James 1:2-8 says... " Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do. "

1 comment:

Eric & Shelley said...

I hope you feel better soon.
If selling or renting isn't working out there is a 3rd option.Vacation rental.