Monday, October 03, 2011

Mastering the art of French cooking

"Mastering the art of French cooking" is the title of Julia Child's book. I watched the movie Julie & Julia this weekend. Nicole and I decided to try Julia’s dish Boeuf Bourguignonne or beef Stew in red wine with Bacon, onion, and mushrooms. It was totally easy and 100% wonderful! We made it in the Crockpot. It cooked slowly for 8 hours. The meat melted in your mouth. I also used 2 cups of wine, not 3. I served it with mashed potatoes and baked potatoes that had been baked with olive oil and garlic. It was so good the kids were licking the sauce from their bowls! I want to serve it at my God Childs dedication party on Oct 16th. My God daughter is Anna. She is a real gift from God! We are hosting our first party in our new house just for Anna (and 20 pulse others). I thought I would cook pot-roast, but I like this better! Nicole and I will have to try some of Julia’s other dishes. I want to get a DVD of Julia Childs cooking show “The French chef”. That would be a kick to watch!

No comments: