Skip to main content

Not long now

God willing we will get the house August 2ND. My parents reminded me that that is just 5 weeks from now. I have focused so much on the sale of our house in Leimen, I haven't really given much thought to the move. The kitchen was the first concrete things we have done. We will keep our kitchen, and add an island for more storage & work space. I was at OBI today and asked if they have kitchen islands. They can order them for you. I have a man figuring out a price for me. He will call me. I'm guessing it will be 1500 Euro. I hope I'm wrong, and that it's cheaper then that. I also looked at counter tops and sinks. Fun stuff! We talk with the architect today too. Lot's of decisions to make. But it's fun to decide what kind of windows you want, and what color you want the walls to be. We still don't have a buyer for our house. My sister wrote me that a house sells better when it's empty. Because we are not buying a new kitchen, I feel like we have some extra time to sell the house. I am not so worried about it now. It really looks better empty. We probably can sell it after we move. I would be very glad if we sold it before then, but I'm not stressed about it right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.