Skip to main content

The tent came

The jumbo party tent came today. The party is in about 10 days. I really should wait to put up the tent. But the kids have vacation this week. My boys need to build real stuff (not just Lego). So I'm letting them put up the tent. I hope we don't get any bad storms that blow the tent away! That's a risk I'm taking! The boys need real jobs, they need to grow up. Philip is really getting into building real stuff. He built the trampoline, and the sofa sleeper. I wish I could find him a part time job building things. It would be so good for him!

Comments

Anonymous said…
We need builders, there are not enough in the world.

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.