Skip to main content

worth a listen

I had my computer in the livingroom today as I cleaned. I listened to a sermon by
Mark Hitchcock about receiving our reward from God.


http://www.god.tv/node/2773

It's really worth a listen. Towards the end of the sermon he says we should want whatever God gives us...not try to stick a deal before hand. There was a boy and his father in a small store. The owner wanted to be nice so he opened the candy jar and told the boy he could take a handful of candy. The boy played shy and hide next to his dad. The owner encouraged him to take the candy, and so did the boys father. Finally the owner reached in the jar and grabbed a big handful of candy and gave it to the boy. As they walked out of the store, the boys father said why were you so shy? The boy said, the owner has a much bigger hand.

Too many of us are asking God to give us this and that, not waiting for God to gives what ever he will from his big hand. And I am one of those! So this is a good word for me today, as I learn to wait for God to provide with his big hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.