Monday, June 18, 2012

garden update

It's been raining allot this year. Everything has grown. Especially the weeds. So I spent 2 hours pulling weeds this morning. I need to spend another 6 hours pulling weeds just to catch up with it (sadly). And it's getting warm so my lettuce is starting to go to seed. I am planting new lettuce to have a summer crop. This will need to go under a shade cloth because lettuce doesn't like heat. I have cabbages to pick. I want to make sauerkraut this week. I've never made sauerkraut but I have watched video's on you tube. I think I get the general idea. We will give it a shot! Here are some photo's of some things I planted today. Tomatoes , zucchini and red onions. I got these seeds in Italy. Yesterday we interviewed a very nice women who wants to be Jessica’s aid. We have another interview on Wednesday. So maybe we will have an aid for Jessica by the weekend. That will be a blessing to Jessica because she can get out of the house more. And I will be blessed to have some personal time. It’s been nearly a year since I’ve had any time I could call my own. I’m not complaining…just grateful I can look forward to some time.

No comments: