Pumpkin and Raisin Spice Muffins
1 cup raisins
3/4 cup orange juice
3 cups white flour
1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup honey
450g pumpkin puree (or one 15oz can)
1 cup chopped dates (or more raisins, dried cranberries, or nuts)
1. Microwave raisins with orange juice for 2 minutes on high, and set aside.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients: flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
3. In another bowl mix butter, brown sugar, honey, eggs and pumpkin puree.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry along with the raisins and orange juice. Mix just until incorporated. Stir in dates.
5. Fill muffin tins almost to the top (makes about 18 large muffins) and bake at 350F for about 25 minutes.