Skip to main content

The harvast

I was folding cloths and watching God TV this morning. I don't even know who was speaking but I heard these comforting words, “You never reap a harvest in the same season you sow the seeds". I had a burden to pray for the elections. I felt called to pray for life. I realize many of you can not understand my one-dimensional view on this issue. I've gotten e-mail from many people who felt there where so many other important things to consider. All I can tell you is my heart is pure before God. I grieve over the 40 million lives that have already been lost to abortion in America. I saw in this election cycle an opportunity to change the way our culture views life. I saw the opportunity to change the court. This opportunity will probably not come again for 30 more years. With the federal funding of abortion (something Obama supports) we will probably lose another 50 million lives. I feel even today the weight of grief over this loss of another generation of beautiful lives. I realize Americas "reputation" is in the ditch but somehow that never seemed as heart wrenching as the thought abortions would continue without restriction...and be funded by the federal government. I ask God why? Why would you burden my heart to pray for America? I have cried night and day for weeks. I have never prayed so much for anything. Why would we fall short of victory? I can only count my prayers as seed. I know God holds all my tears in a cup of his remembrance. Nothing is lost. America and the world have cried out for a king. They project a great deal of hope upon a man that can not heal the planet of part the sea. I hope for the sake of America and the world that he rules well. I also pray that he does not have enough support in Congress to pass the freedom of choice act (FOCA). It is his expressed intent to remove all restrictions on abortion. My best friend Cindy told me that even democrats oppose late term abortion. She felt the bill could not get the votes to pass congress. So I will pray she is right.

It is clear that FOCA would immediately make null and void every current restriction on abortion in all jurisdictions.

- State abortion reporting requirements in all 50 states
- Forty-four states’ laws concerning parental involvement
- Forty states’ laws on restricting later-term abortions
- Forty-six states’ conscience protection laws for individual health care providers
- Twenty-seven states’ conscience protection laws for institutions
- Thirty-eight states’ bans on partial-birth abortions
- Thirty-three states’ laws on requiring counseling before an abortion
- Sixteen states’ laws concerning ultrasounds before an abortion

The passage of FOCA would not only force the issue of taxpayer funded abortions on both the federal and state governments, but would also overturn the wishes of all 50 state legislatures and millions of people in the states. Many of these laws are hugely popular. For example, Florida's 1994 amendment requiring parental notification was approved in a referendum with 65 percent of the vote. In an October 2007 Harris poll, 38 percent of the respondents wanted no change in current abortion laws, while 42 percent wanted to see laws that made it tougher for a woman to get an abortion. Only 16 percent of respondents wanted the government to make it easier for a woman to get an abortion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo