Skip to main content

Today

Today we moved some cabinets around in the basement. Juergen got a very big cabinet in his workshop room/tool room. Thomas built an IKEA cabinet for Nicole’s art room. We helped Philip put his stuff away. I bought 35 plastic boxes for the kids. They will put art stuff and Lego etc in these handy boxes. And little by little we are making progress. The cardboard moving boxes are getting empty. We are finding the floor.

It rained very hard today. The cardboard we put on the flower bed got a good soaking. That's a good thing. I need to find a cheap source for mulch. We put over 300 liters of mulch on the flower bed yesterday. That is really only 1/4th the amount we need. I would rather put a stone mulch down, but Juergen wants wood. So we will go with the wood for now.

Jessica has a birthday tomorrow. She will be 20 years old. Juergen and I are going to try to finish her TV room as a gift. We have to finish the floor, build the cabinets, move in a big chair and hang up pictures and curtains. We will work on it tonight and tomorrow night. I may also take Jessica shopping and let her buy a gift. She always loves to do that. But I'll wait until next week when the other kids are in school. She will also get her favorite foods. I love my girl! I wish I could do more for her. She basically just wants her peace. But we will try to make it a good day for her.

Thomas got his Lego robot in the mail yesterday. He loves it! He was up early today programming it. It really was the hit!

Juergen also needs to rent a van for this weekend. He will travel to Nuremburg to pick up the living room furniture I won on eBay. I hope it's nice! I never asked him if I could bid on the furniture, I just did it. I made a low bid. I was very surprised to win the bid. But I should not have made the bid without asking first. The furniture was cheep, but it's allot of trouble to pick it up! So I really hope it's nice. You all know I owe Juergen big time!!! I told Juergen he could give me the furniture for my birthday gift. My 50th birthday is next month. But the truth is Juergen is the best gift God ever gave me. I really hope the furniture is nice!

Comments

Rick Moreno said…
Jesse-
I wish you a very blessed day because you are such a blessing to all of us. Happy Birthday tomorrow. Love Uncle Rick and family :)
Shelldell said…
Happy Birthday Jessica I hope you have a wonderful day

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what