Skip to main content

I am a lazy gardener!

I started setting up a sprinkler system in my garden. I have soaker hoses to water all my plants. I need to make adjustments and buy a timer. I'm thinking 5 minutes morning and evening will do the trick. I'm going to try to get the thing worked out before our trip. Soaking the roots of plants is a much more efficient way to water plants then most every other way. You waste very little water and you don't wet the plant leaves (preventing mold). If I do it right I will have the lowest maintenance yard! I am a lazy gardener! I will never need to worry about a hot day, and my investment will be protected.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I put two soakers hoses down one for the berries, one for the hops and peas. We have an acre, so I can't afford to soaker everything just the main beds. I would love to everything self watering and on timers, but it's too expensive for me at this time.

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.