Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I am a lazy gardener!

I started setting up a sprinkler system in my garden. I have soaker hoses to water all my plants. I need to make adjustments and buy a timer. I'm thinking 5 minutes morning and evening will do the trick. I'm going to try to get the thing worked out before our trip. Soaking the roots of plants is a much more efficient way to water plants then most every other way. You waste very little water and you don't wet the plant leaves (preventing mold). If I do it right I will have the lowest maintenance yard! I am a lazy gardener! I will never need to worry about a hot day, and my investment will be protected.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I put two soakers hoses down one for the berries, one for the hops and peas. We have an acre, so I can't afford to soaker everything just the main beds. I would love to everything self watering and on timers, but it's too expensive for me at this time.