Skip to main content

my frame is found



I found a strong metal wire framed composter that is about the right size to hold up my garden sacks. It cost 32 Euro for one composter. I need 6 of them. I decided to buy one and see if it's going to work. I'll probably get my new jumbo bags next week. If it works (and I think it will), I'll have 6 giant sack gardens. That's a very large amount of vertical space to grow vegetables in. If it looks good, I'll ask my friend Petra if I can put a sack garden in her yard. Then I'll have 12 or more jumbo sacks. That could be all the space I need to have vegetables to can, freeze and eat. It's an experiment but maybe it could be something that works! I’m totally intrigued by the idea of being fully self sustaining in an urban setting. And maybe we could help others do the same thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.