Skip to main content

A garden in the hand is worth more then a bush?

I want more garden space. I have been looking for a new house with a larger yard. That would be ideal. Still that is the most expensive solution. Another idea is to buy a garden. There is a nice garden for sale near our house but it cost 15,000 Euros. I'm sure it's worth that, but would I really use it that much? I'm not sure? Then there are gardens to rent. These are very hard to find. You usually have to wait years for a garden you can rent. The point is, I found a rental garden. It only cost 399 Euros per year. It has 1000 square meters of land, over looking Heidelberg. The down side is that it's 6 KM away from my house, and it has no water or electricity. It's a beautiful garden. It has so much potential, but I can not just walk there in 5 minutes. Am I really going to use a garden I have to drive 20 minutes to get to? Should I wait for a garden near us? Should I take this garden? It's a real "find"! I'm pretty sure I can get at least my moneys worth from it. Maybe if I share the space with some of my friends it can be a friendship garden? Then I know it wouldn’t be a waste!

Comments

Anonymous said…
In NY there are waiting list to share a garden space. Similar to Germany.
Carmen even sent a a cleaver idea from tube where a guy used the bed of his truck for a portable garden.

For me the garden has to be convenient it doesn't get taken care of. Out of sight out of mind and dead plants.

I don't know that I would have the discipline it would take to garden a distance away.

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.