HERE is the story on CNN. I guess I'll need to stay away from the "normal" American hot spots. I actually saw about 30 secret service people guarding some American VIP today in the Heidelberg old town. Philip had a doctors appointment. The parking lot I usually park in was totally blocked by secret service people. We were late for our appointment because I had to find another parking lot. The entire block was surrounded by dogs and people with sunglasses, suites and walkie talkies. I asked one of them who they were guarding. I actually asked in German, but the man said he didn't speak German. Then I asked in English, but they wouldn't say. I haven't seen secret service like this since Jimmy Carter was in our hotel in Atlanta. I think it must have been one of the Clintons?
My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!
Comments