Thursday, September 24, 2009

U.S. urges caution after German terror threat

HERE is the story on CNN. I guess I'll need to stay away from the "normal" American hot spots. I actually saw about 30 secret service people guarding some American VIP today in the Heidelberg old town. Philip had a doctors appointment. The parking lot I usually park in was totally blocked by secret service people. We were late for our appointment because I had to find another parking lot. The entire block was surrounded by dogs and people with sunglasses, suites and walkie talkies. I asked one of them who they were guarding. I actually asked in German, but the man said he didn't speak German. Then I asked in English, but they wouldn't say. I haven't seen secret service like this since Jimmy Carter was in our hotel in Atlanta. I think it must have been one of the Clintons?

No comments: