Skip to main content

back to the norm

So, we are home! Juergen and I had to hold Jessica the entire 12 hour flight. It took both of us to keep her calm and quite. She did ok. The other 4 kids traveled like pro’s. I guess they all are sort of pro’s . They slept most of the flight. The problem with that was they were wired when they got home, and I was a total zombie. I managed to stay up until 8:30 pm, then I slept all night. Jet lag? What’s that??? It was raining and cold when we arrived in Frankfurt. It looks like fall here. Germany is so different from Thailand. Germany is so clean and organized. Thailand is a feast for the senses. It is loud, colorful, smells (sometimes good sometimes bad) and the food is so good! I actually like both places, they are just radically different. The rolls and coffee tasted great this morning. Today we picked up Mickey. He was overwhelmed to see us! They say he had a good time. He seems very happy. Nicole gave him a bath first thing. I also pick up my new car today. I plan to call the car Vicky after my first dog. The dog was a surprise gift from my parents. She was half collie and half terrier. She was small, smart and tan just like my new car. My dad is allergic to dogs but gave me a dog anyway because he knew how much I wanted one. The new car comes just at the right time. My 18 year old Mazda wouldn’t even start when we got home. Juergen said he would put 5 Euros of gas in her, and drive her to the car dealer. I guess I needed a new car after all. We ordered Vicky in January but she came at just the right time. So the adventure continues. Thailand was great…but so is home!









Comments

Anonymous said…
Kids seemed happy about seeing Mickey and Mickey was happy to see them.

Congrats on your new car, or should I say Vicki.

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.