Skip to main content

Dreams

I am a dreamer. I have always been a dreamer. My poor husband doesn't always know what to make of my dreams. If I express I would like this, or I want to do that it doesn't necessarily need to happen. I am just dreaming out loud. I guess it's just my need to think about things. I take a dream, like a big old house for example off the shelf of my mind, and test it. If it works with everything else I will pursue the dream. If it doesn't work, and I can not make it work I'll just put it back on the shelf. Maybe one day it's going to work. Maybe it's never suppose to work. I can not say. I can only dream. Many of the dreams I've had have already come true. I'm not complaining. I'm just dusting off some old ideas to see if they fit yet. The house thing isn't going to fit. I know it. I can see it in my daughters eyes (Nicole). She doesn't need to open her mouth. I can hear her saying, I like my life and I don't want you to disrupt that. It's complicated when you have kids. You don't want to disrupt them, you want to give them the environment to grow. But I am almost 50 years old. I feel a great need to sort out my dreams. I can not wait 10 years to make some of these things happen. I don't want to live with regret. I'm not going to pursue an old house. Not now. I can not say never. I’m glad Nicole loves her life. I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.