Skip to main content

I say no to Berlin!



Here is Nicole's finished box. I think it's pretty cool! I also have a photo of the award Thomas just got for playing soccer. His team won. It was a school tournament. He was the goal keeper! Good job Thomas!!!! I'm pretty stressed over a situation at Jessica's school. Her class is going to Berlin May 2-6. But Jess has become really violent and aggressive at school. I guess she has been hitting and pinching other kids and teachers. This has gone on for 3 weeks, but they never told us. Then last night I went to the parent night. They told me about Jessica's problem and asked me why this is happening! Like I had the answer! Jess is fine (even sweet) at home. I had zero idea this was happening. After some thought it became clear to Juergen and I Berlin (or the anxiety about the trip) is the problem. And with all the changes Jess needs to deal with right now, I do not think she should be forced to go. She has to move to a new school. That is a big enough challenge for her. This trip is pushing her over the edge. Unless she clearly says (writes) she wants to go to Berlin, we are not going to send her. I know that one of her teachers has gone to a great deal of work planning and preparing this trip. She will not be happy if we keep Jess home. But she is also angry that Jessica is such a problem in school. She is angry that Jessica is so aggressive. So we have to make the choice to disappoint this teacher, because we are only considering what is best for Jessica. In any normal season a trip would be good for Jessica, but Jessica is also going to do a practical week at the new school. In this context we feel it's just too much change at once! I basically got no sleep thinking about this situation. I am sure that Berlin is the problem. It’s not like Jessica has never gone anywhere before. I feel like the only stress she should have to deal with is the stress of a new school. That is stress enough.

UP DATE: I guess Jess wrote that she would like to go to Berlin with her class. It is the fact that she will have to change schools that is stressing her out. Now she would have to change schools even if we did not move. She is almost 20 years old. It is time to move on. I do not know what to think. We have a meeting about funding for the new placement May 17Th. If she gets the funding for her personal aide, we will probably allow her to accept the placement. If she doesn't get an aide, I will most likely keep her at home. I would keep looking for a better option, but I'm not placing her in Bruchsal with out an aide. And then only with a good aide! I do not have any stress about this. I am trusting God for direction. I am sure things will become clear in time. But as far as Berlin, I will just have to see how Jessica is doing in a week. If she seems OK, and wants to go I'll let her go. But if she looks like she will totally freak out, I will keep her at home. I know her teachers have gone to a great bit of trouble to make this work, and I hope it does work. But I will not send her just to send her! I need to have peace that it is best for Jessica. And Jessica will show us how she feels...if she really feels OK going. That is one good thing about being home. I can keep her at home if it's righ. I don't feel the added stress of finding someone to watch her because of my job.

Comments

Cool award Thomas. Congratulations on winning it. For Nicole, that is quite the stand out box. I'm sure it will catch the judges ege.
Hang in there Amy.
Shelldell said…
congrats Thomas, cool box Nichole.

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo