Thursday, October 14, 2010

Procrastination

Procrastination refers to the counterproductive deferment of actions or tasks to a later time. For some people, procrastination can be persistent and tremendously disruptive to everyday life. For these individuals, procrastination may be symptomatic of a psychological disorder such as ADHD. I was a procrastinator. With out the stress, I found it hard to really think clearly. I wonder if I had ADHD as a child. I was always dreaming my life away. Thomas has a German assignment that should be handed in tomorrow. He has had 4 weeks to do it. Guess when he started it? Oh boy! On the one hand how can I be hard on him when I was the same way? But school in Germany is like 100 times harder then any American school. He is not going to pass if he continues to procrastinate like this! I ask him every day, did you do your home work. I get a yes...but now I need to check closer. I feel like we are on a tight rope, trying to balance between being too pushy and showing enough over sight. Letting go, and still parenting.

No comments: