Saturday, February 06, 2010

I think we will wait

I have been thinking of buying a new house, one with a big yard. We haven't had any clarity about this idea. It seems like a good idea, just not the right time. Jessica and Nicole both finish high school next year (spring/summer 2011). It seems wise just to wait until they are done before we make any big changes. I also think it's not a good time to sell a house. We could get a better price for our house if we have it painted and do some minor repairs. All that takes time/money. There are a few other reasons, but I'm thinking the clear answer is wait. I'm ok with wait. In the mean time I'm making plans for my small garden. I am also going to ask a close friend if I can build raised garden beds in her big yard and grow some vegetables. She works as a teacher. Her yard is very large and she doesn't have time to do much with it. We could share the vegetables. I'm pretty sure she will say yes. I though about renting a garden, but I couldn't find one very near. If I am going to spend the time and money for raised beds, I want to invest in my friends yard. So I feel peace about waiting until next year to sell my house, and move. I also feel happy because I can now make some plans with out the idea of having to save my vacation time to move and renovate a new house. It's a big weight off my mind.

No comments: