Skip to main content

OSU ? Maybe even CHS!!!

Nicole is going into her Jr year of high school. She is already looking at American Universities. At the top of her list is Oregon State University. Why? Because she could study both art and plant science. She could also live for free at Grandma and Grandpa's house (at least for awhile). International tuition is $19,000 per year. In state tuition is under $6,000 per year. It only takes one year for her to establish residency...so she is thinking of going there for a year first and then starting school. So the question is what can she do in Oregon for one year? She could work? I'm thinking she could actually go to Corvallis High School and get an American high school degree. Germany has such a high academic standard, an US high school should be super easy for her. If she can pull straight A's then she could get some good scholarships. She could also take the US SAT. It could be fun and worth the year of effort. Nicole is actually graduating a year early from German high school. Many of her friends go to America for a year, she would just do it after she finishes here. Any way, this is the present idea. I just read the CHS web site. She could take AP classes in German and European History, and Biology (easy A's for Nicole). If she does this she can earn credit towards college, bypassing at least half her freshman year at OSU. She can also join the German club and the jazz band (she plays jazz guitar). How cool is that?

Comments

We realize this is just an idea at this point, but sounds cool to us. Grams & Grandpa M

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.