Skip to main content

hope in action

I read a story just now about a fan of Michel Jackson who lives in England. He registered to win a ticket to the memorial and then got on a flight to LA. He found out he was not one of the few fans who won a ticket. Then a women who did win 2 tickets gave one of her tickets to him. I'm not a fan of Michel Jackson, but I had to smile at the faith this man had to just get on a flight and hope for the best. Good for him! Do you have that kind of faith? I do. We had an invitation from the Thai adoption board to come to Thailand to pick up Philip. We bought our tickets and packed our bags. Two days before we were to travel, we got an e-mail saying do not come. We could not reach anyone because it was almost New Years. So we decided to go anyway. They didn't let us adopt Philip, or even see Philip. We were in Thailand for two weeks and were looking at returning home with out our son. It was devastating! But we called a women who had been an exchange student in Oregon. My parents where her host family. She worked in the Thai government, and her boss was good friends with the Prim Minister of Thailand. He made some phone calls, and all of a sudden we got to see Philip, and we got to adopt Philip. We had to stay one extra week in Thailand, but it worked out! I admire the faith or hope that would cause someone to just get on a flight and see what will happen.

Comments

Rick Moreno said…
Thanks for reminding me of that adventure. Faith can move mountains!
Rick Moreno said…
Amy- I think I finally figured out how to post!Hooray for me. Check out No worries...it's just paint!

Popular posts from this blog

Olivia is born

My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

painting the garage

Rick goes home in the morning. I'm sure he will be happy to see his kids again. 3 weeks is along time to be away. The time has passed so fast. It's been really wonderful! So wonderful!!! We may stay up all night, that way he can sleep well on the flight. Hopefully his jet lag will be less this way! Anyway, here is his painting. It turned out more then good! I really love it...just like I love my brother! We will have to do this again soon!

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.