Skip to main content



Today I talked about Jessica in our family story time. I shared the meaning of her name, "gift from God". I shared how people stopped me on the street to look at her because she was the most beautiful baby. The whole time Thomas was acting up, and not paying attention. It made me really angry. I guess I wouldn't like it if he had shown disrespect towards anyone, but this was Jessica. Jess has no voice and he simply doesn't know her. This makes me deeply sad. He is 12 years old and oh so self absorbed. I talked to him afterwards and told him not to act like this. If he does this for the others I will not tell his story. He wants his story to be told. He needs to learn the golden rule. I prayed about my anger. I am trying to just ask God to transform him...to help him grow up. He has a great loss if he fails to know Jessica. She is an amazing person. He also has a deep loss if he never learns to care about anyone be self. I have hope he will learn. This exercise is very good for him. I need eyes to see what a noble and kind person he will be. I once had a word from God that Thomas would be the child most like Juergen. Juergen is an amazing person. I feel like Thomas had a conflict at school. Something was eating at him. I’m sure I would be wrong to take the whole matter at face value. There is much more to this boy, so much I do not easily understand. He doesn’t understand Jessica, and I don’t understand him. We really need to get to know each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo