Skip to main content

A good weekend

We had a very full but good weekend. Saturday I attended the graduation of the International Health department at the University of Heidelberg. Then we hosted the graduation party for the students and their families. We expected 75-100 people, but only about 60 showed up. I think many family members had jet jag and could not come. But it was an amazing group of people from the entire world. The weather was beautiful. Nicole and I spent the entire week cleaning the house, but the party was basically in the garden because of good weather. And we used our party tent. We had a really nice bon fire. We also used the straw bales I got from the summer camp as chairs. That looked good, and worked out well. The department at the University hired and paid for the catering. And the catering was awesome. They brought the tables. They also set up their own food tent. So we had 2 tents. It looked great and was very nice! I did not take pictures. I was too busy. But I'm sure I'll get pictures from the students. Then on Sunday Nicole and I went to a Hill Song church worship night. It was 3 hours away. I drove the car, and took 2 others from the youth group. It was a very good service. I am blessed to see how much churches are growing in Germany! But we drove for 6 hours & I'm so tired today. I would love some down time! I started again to study for the End Times seminar Juergen and I teach in October. I made some good progress today. The weather is very good. Maybe I'll go plant some flower bulbs?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo