Skip to main content

I did not want to be here

Everyone finds them selves in a place where they did not want to go. For some people it's a divorce court, or bankruptcy court. Others find themselves in a hospital room saying goodbye to a friend who dies too early. Juergen and I have been trying to sell our house for an entire year. It's been hard. Dealing with dozens of strangers. Many of them so rude and insulting. Most trying to find anything and everything wrong with the house, hoping we would sell at ridicules prices. Almost every single week it has been like placing myself in a situation where I could be treated like a victim. It's a buyers market. That's all there is to it. We treated the seller of our house with respect. We gave them what they had asked. We did not criticize or complain about the extensive renovation we would need to do. We wanted the house, and we were grateful to have it. I guess it was asking too much to find a renter or buyer who treated us the same way. I'm so tired from this process. Today I went to Leimen and started to strip wall paper in Nicole's old bedroom. Juergen had put up new wall paper in the room, but it didn't turn out very nice. So we feel like we need to do it again. We also dropped the rental price. It all hurts. I just want to see this whole drama end. Sure, this is not a death, or a divorce. It's just a house. But it drags on and on. It robs us of time and allot of money. It makes us question where we went wrong? We are trying to remain faithful, to trust, to persevere. I did not want to be in Leimen stripping wall paper...but I was there. And so I worked and prayed. And I will keep on waiting for the answer. I'll keep trusting God for his provision. I think it would be so much easier if I knew how long I needed to wait. If I had a map that said do XYand Z, and then wait for this period of time. If I knew we where just days from the answer. But I don't have a map, I am blind. Faithfulness is all I have...not my faithfulness, Gods. I remembered an old song today. "He didn't lead us this far to leave us, He didn't teach us to swim to let us drown, He didn't build His home in us to move away, He didn't lift us up to let us down". I'm so tired...but I know who I believe in, and I know that He is faithful. So I will hang in there! Eventually we will find our answer. And I think God for his answer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what