Skip to main content

we are here

My cell phone doesn’t work. The internet only works in the hotel lobby. So I wrote this short post in my room, and hopefully I can send it off before we take off for the day. I ended up taking Sarah along at the last minute. This means I’m not going to have the carefree weekend I had hoped for, but Juergen will have an easier time of it. Sarah came to play with Ann and Daniel’s daughter Emelia. She is a doll! Sarah couldn’t be more excited! I’m sad my friend Anna couldn’t come. Her son got sick at the last minute. I had looked forward to spending some time with Anna. But Sarah has a new friend, and that’s also very important. The conference opened with a worship service and a short sermon. Actually it was all pretty short. The conference begins at 9:30. Daniel is playing drums this morning. He and Emelia are staying with a family. We are in a hotel. The hotel is ok. The major problem is parking, or a lack of it. I had to park on the street, and get up at 6:30 to move the car. I found the only legal parking space in the lot. Thank God for that! I wish I didn’t need to get up so early. I’m not going to be spoiled this weekend. No 5 star anything! We eat sandwiches from a supermarket last night. I forgot how expensive Switzerland is! We will go to the same supermarket for breakfast. Our hotel serves breakfast, but they charge 11 Euro per person. That is ridicules! There is a McDonalds across the way, but it doesn’t open until 10am. I do not understand what people see in this country? I find it over priced and inconvenient!
Anyway, the worship was good last night. I love spending this time with Nicole and Sarah. We are also here with our babysitter and friend Daniela. She is an over worked student. I hope it is a good break for her! I’m thinking and praying allot for Philip and Thomas. God is reminding me allot of his faithfulness. I’m sure I’ll return home with a better attitude and maybe a little more faith. If you didn’t already know it, I worry about my sons. I need faith, not worry. This requires a certain amount of letting go. I’m sure I’m not the first parent that worried, or had a hard time letting go. I do not want to see them mess-up their lives with foolish mistakes. And yes, the world has always had temptations. But they seem to be swimming in a sea of challenges. It seems harder now to choose what is right because there is very little good here. Straight is the way that leads to life, and few find it. We do not live in a country where 20% of the folks believe in God, we live where only 4% believe. And we live in a time where the darkness is getting darker. The darkness is getting darker, but the light is getting lighter too. I am only going to be happy when I see my sons firmly in the light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what