Sunday, February 15, 2009

Should I buy a new car?

My car is 18 years old and starting to cost money in repairs. The German Government is offering people 2500€ to get rid of their old cars and buy new cars (hopefully German made to help the German economy). I found an online dealer that is offering New Beetles for 4000 € off the list price. So I could actually buy a New Beetle for 6500€ off the price. Since I need a new car (or will need one in a year or two) I'm wondering if I should consider this offer? Generally I would never buy a brand new car. I looked, and it's actually cheaper to get a 2009 car, then a 2008 car. I guess they are just desperate to sell things now. You can also finance a car for almost 0%, so why pay cash? Your cash earns you interest sitting in a bank. I have not decided to buy a car. I'm very cheep, and if I knew I could get by with my 18 year old car for a few more years, I would do that. The problem is my car is starting to leek oil. Anyway, I would love a New Beetle. My dad use to own and repair Beetles when I was a kid. I think it would be so fun to own a Beetle!

No comments: