Monday, July 21, 2014

Juergen got there safe





Juergen called this afternoon.  He said his flight had been delayed almost 2 hours.  When he arrived in San Francisco, he had to stand in a customs line that took 1 ½ hours.  So you can imagine he was pretty tired!  But he did manage to stay awake until after 9pm US time.  And he got to eat Mexican food.  So life is fine!  I had a hard time sleeping last night.  The weather has been very hot and humid.  And I  never sleep well when Juergen is away.  But it is raining today.  It’s cooler outside.  I’m glad for that.  Nicole started her part time job working for a gardener.  She enjoyed it. She will be working 2 days a week this summer.  That leaves her time to paint.  And perhaps she will have enough money to record one of her songs professionally.  That is her goal.  Sarah and Thomas are out playing soccer.  Philip is watching an old movie.  Jess is taking a nap.  And I’m starting a new book.  It is a pretty slow day because of the rain.  I’m baking some chicken.  The kids will like that.  They have always loved chicken and rice.  I pretty much just try to survive when Juergen is away.  I don’t anticipate any great creativity.  Certainly not without good sleep.  Nothing is every right without Juergen here.  He makes me feel safe, and I can always count on him.  I don’t like being a single mom! 

1 comment:

Shelley Stuewe said...

Glad Juergen's safe, Eric and I are at a conference in VA.
I know what you mean, feeling like a single mom, now it's feeling like a widow with no one at home.
Eric is gone one week out of every months and sometimes it's more. It's been like that for years. It was especially hard when the girls were little.
Now I just save my big projects for when he's gone.