Friday, July 25, 2014

garden work

Nicole is putting soil in pots

our fall seeds


look how big our strawberries are getting.  We started them from seed this year.

The tomatoes are getting ripe


We have many lillys and the smell is wonderful


Kale

corn

egg plant

pumpkins

Zucchini

grapes


We have 100 plants in the Tomato House



Our wild flowers

A brown fig we got in Italy last year

dahlias we started from tubers



They are still working on our street

This is the mess they made of my front garden, and they need to dig another hole 2 times as large


I'm going to clean out the spring plants and plant fall crops today.  So far we have had a very good garden year!  We have had vine ripped heirloom tomatoes all week.  Soon I’ll have enough tomatoes to start making sauce.  That is what I hope to do in August.  I hand carried a pressure canner from America in April.  I look forward to making soups (using my organic vegetables), and canning them for winter “fast food”.

No comments: