I get the newsletter from Bob's Red mill. They posted something about their hot whole grain cereals and how to eat it. Here are a few of their ideas. http://www.bobsredmill.com/
• Add nut butter (peanut, almond, etc) or an egg to your cereal to boost flavor and protein and really kick start your day with a breakfast that will fuel you until lunch.
• Add some flaxseed meal, chia seed, hemp seed or pumpkin seed to increase your fiber and omega-3 intake to support a healthy heart.
• Fresh, frozen or dried fruit also make a great addition to boost flavor and add vitamins and antioxidants.
• Add a few tablespoons of canned (or fresh) pumpkin for a decadent, holiday-themed breakfast. Pumpkin is loaded with Vitamin A, Potassium, Zinc and protein, making it a great addition to a whole grain breakfast.
• Adding a sprinkle of cinnamon to your cereal will help stabilize your blood sugar, not to mention that a little cinnamon can add a big flavor boost.
• Take it savory! Try this: add shredded cheese, sliced green onions, a dash of salsa and top with an egg for delicious and healthy Mexican dish.
I think the cheese, onions and salsa would taste pretty good with a hot polenta (corn meal mush).