It was kind of amazing getting Jessica back to the car. We
left the apartment at 6:30 and walked to the Grand Canal. She was willing to
get on a water taxi and ride one stop to the train station. We were just one
bridge from the people mover (a train that takes you to the car park off the
island). Just one bridge away, but she would not cross that bridge. She was too
afraid. So we waited with her for about
an hour. It was so frustrating for all of us.
But the girls managed it much better then when we first arrived in
Venice. Finally we got on another water
taxi with her. It crossed the canal (a 30 second ride) and we got off. So
finally we could take the train to the car. But the road was full of traffic
jams. It took 16 hours to get home. But we are here! And I could kiss the
ground!
My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!
Comments