We were picked up in a large van by our guide Michael. He speaks very
good English and is very good at what he does. We waited about 10 or 15
minutes for Sarah to arrive at the civil service office. She arrived
with the chief nanny and she was really afraid. She is very tiny, and
very beautiful! We didn't rush her. We wanted to just give her a chance
to warm up to us. We first played with the magna doodle, and then with
the bubbles. She was fine until I tried to hold her. Then she cried
pretty hard. Her tears really got to Nicole who also began to cry. I
managed to keep my head straight. I know that if they cry, it generally
means they were well cared for. She was loved...this is very clear. What
is also clear is that she is very smart. She tried to get her nanny to
take her back to the children's home. She said they could go get other
children to also come with us! After finishing the papers, we went to
take the official 'parents with child' picture that is part of the
adoption process. She cried through this as well. Finally we left
without her nanny, and she also cried.
My niece had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Rose (Beautiful name). Everyone is very excited and thank God healthy! Congratulations to the whole family! Hugs to my sister Shelley who is now a proud grandma for the 2nd time. My sister Dianna has 6 grand kids (I think). My brother and I are too young for such an blessing. At least our kids are too young. I'm going to have to wait to be called grandma. Here is a cool picture I took off Shelley's blog. It shows Eric (the tired but proud grandpa) Lissa with her first daughter Charlotte, and then a sleeping Olivia Rose. 3 generations in one shot. How fast life goes by! How beautiful life can be!

Comments